Even with medical and technological advances, persistent/chronic pain is reaching epidemic levels. However, with new breakthroughs in pain science and pain education, you may not be destined for a life of pain anymore. By recognizing that pain is truly an output of the brain, there are many strategies that can be employed to influence this output in your favor. At Momentum Physical Therapy of New Paltz, Greg is able to help you develop these strategies and understand the complexities of pain so that you can take control of it rather than allow pain to control you and your life.
"Pain really is in the mind, just not in the way you think."
Fact or Fiction:
- Pain is normal. Fact
- When part of your body is injured, special pain receptors convey the message to your brain. Fiction
- Pain only occurs when you are injured. Fiction
- The intensity of pain matches the severity of the injury. Fiction
- Persistent pain means an injury hasn't healed properly yet. Fiction
- Your internal pain control system is more powerful than any drug taken by mouth or injected. Fact
- The brain decides when you will experience pain. Fact